Hello lovely ladies, I'm enjoying my lovely long easter weekend and hope all of you are too! My mum and I decided to do a little makeover as she asked me to help her dye her gray hairs the other day. I decided to do a full out makeover for her since she said she's been feeling rather drabby at the moment and wanted a little boost of confidence.
Here's a little profile on my mummah, she's 43 (don't worry, I've got permission to mention her age) and has great skin. She's got minimal wrinkles, very little spots, some wonderful facial structures and naturally youthful luscious lips. However, one thing she dislikes is her hereditary grey hairs which all her siblings and herself have inherited from my grandma. But mum is absolutely beautiful, she's got the best skin for any 43 year old I know!
Here's mummah before hair coloring and makeup, she still looks wonderful right? But she told me to take an unflattering photo just so the effect is more drastic. Haha!
Prior to dying her hair in her bathroom, Mom plays with her iPod. LOL!
We used Garnier 100%'s Permanent Hair Dye in Pure Purple, I would use a dark brown color, but Mom wanted to finish this one that she purchased earlier.
Hair's Done! Surprisingly, the roots don't look too bad and overall gave a pretty even color. Next is to do the makeup!
Makeup's done! I decided to just do a simple neutral look on her while perking her face up with a brighter lipstick and some blush.
Makeup Forever HD Primer
MAC Face & Body Foundation
Joe Fresh Duo Concealer
MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural
Benefit High Beam Highlighter
NARS Laguna Bronzer
GOSH Cream Blush in Fluffy Peach
Joe Fresh Eyeshadow in Gold Rush
NARS Galapagos Eyeshadow
MAC Ricepaper Eyeshadow
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
YSL Faux Cils Mascara
Maybelline Lipstick in Fifth Ave. Fuschia
Benefit Lipgloss in Who Are You Wearing
Mom wants to know what you girls think! I think the difference is pretty big, if I must say so myself!
A few simple things I've realized while doing my mom's makeup over time...
1. Matte skin really ages women, and makes them appear drier and older. Try to use either a dewy foundation, or a liquid highlighter to add luminescence.
2. Brighter Lipstick is great for perking up complexions, especially since our lips tend to darken in color as we get older.
3. Adding a slight tan gives the appearance of a slimmer face and younger looking skin!
4. Stay away from glitter at all costs, no glitter lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes, nothing! It emphasizes on wrinkles and I'm sure that's not cute.
5. Eliminate dark circles, because it gives a tired appearance which makes you look older since our skin gets thinner as we age. Try to use a liquid concealer since solid concealers are more prone to settling into fine lines.
Alright, so that's it for today's post! Hope you enjoyed my fun little amateur makeover with my Mom :)